Superdrug would like to thank our customers for your continued support, patience and understanding during these difficult times. Superdrug would like to thank you for the kindness and compassion you have shown our team members who are working so hard in these exceptional circumstances.
It seems like the world is gradually returning back to normal and we’ve slowly begun to re-open our stores in line with the governments guidelines to ensure maximum safety for our colleagues and our customers. We hope you’ll agree when we say the Superdrug family just doesn’t feel quite right when we’re not all together, so we’re delighted to be welcoming all our store colleagues and you our customers back so you can shop all your beauty essentials, bathroom cabinet toiletries and health care saviours as usual again.
With non-essential shops readying themselves for reopening on 15th June, the UK high street is set to spring back to life next week. As a leading health and beauty retailer, the majority of the Superdrug store estate has remained open throughout COVID-19, with a focus on supporting communities and ensuring they have access to essential health products during the pandemic.
Now, with the country coming out of lockdown and shoppers ready to return to store, the retailer is focusing on the reopening of its full store estate and aims to provide its customers with a safe but enjoyable beauty shopping experience. With many shoppers expected to continue their lockdown purchasing behaviour, Superdrug also continues to invest in its online experience and make it as exciting and efficient as possible for the 25 million new visitors it has seen since lockdown.
An update from Peter Macnab, Superdrug CEO.
"Over recent weeks we've seen a rise in customer demand for our beauty categories - which we were not restocking at the height of the pandemic. In the last month, we have seen a 39% sales uplift on cosmetics so we know our beauty shoppers are craving a return of the non-essential shopping experience.
We have prioritised safety measures in our stores above everything else, focusing on providing a safe shopping environment in-store. Our customers have told us that they are looking for beauty experiences, trends and deals, so we are also focusing heavily on how we can make shopping more enjoyable, through both atmosphere and value.
On Superdrug.com, we continue to invest in this channel, to ensure we can also offer our customers the very best range and experience online. Wherever our customers choose to experience Superdrug, our aim is to be the very best in up to the minute beauty."
We’ve missed you all so much, but we think you’ll definitely agree - we’re all much stronger together. ❤
Updates from Superdrug
Superdrug Supports NHS Workers, with Nationwide Hospital Care Package Donations
What is Beauty Banks and what can I donate?
Superdrug announces removal of all Plastic Applicators in Tampons
Our top priority remains to provide customers with the products they need most, whilst keeping our teams and communities safe. We are continually reviewing our store operations and we have decided to close a small proportion of stores temporarily, where we feel it's right to do so.
We are keeping our Pharmacies open – this is critical to supporting communities, particularly as so many doctors and dentists have limited or closed access for appointments. We know customers are trying to avoid putting pressure on other areas of the NHS to get treatment for non-coronavirus related medical concerns and we want to ensure we’re here to help.
Are you still delivering?
We're doing our very best to deliver online orders to you within 9 days. Due to the strict social-distancing safety measures we’ve put in place at our fulfilment centres, deliveries may take slightly longer than usual.
Thank you for your patience and support.
You can use one of the following types of delivery:
What’s your returns policy?
We hope you’ll love your Superdrug order but if you want to return any of it we will happily refund you for any items you return to us in an unused and resalable condition within 28 days of receipt.
Visit Returns & Refunds for further information regarding our returns policy
How do I get a returns label?
You can either return your items to your local store or send back to us using the Free Post Label. Your Free Post Label can be found in your Order History under My Account when you log in. At the bottom of each of your orders is a link, "Download your free returns label here". You can then print this out and use to return your order/item(s) to us.
Visit My Account to download your label
How can I get in touch?
The quickest way to get in touch is via our webchat on our contact us.
I’m self-isolating but want to return a sale item, what do I do?
If you need to return an item and you’re unable to leave your home, please get in touch with our customer services team via webchat and they will be able to help you with this.
What happens if I’ve requested an exchange?
Unless returned to one of our stores, we’re unable to offer an exchange for online purchased, however we will happily refund you for any items that you return to us in an unused and resalable condition within 28 days of receipt.
What is Stuart Delivery?
Stuart is a same day delivery service. You can use it for all Order & Collect items in a selection of available stores
Here’s what you need to do:
- Check that Stuart Delivery works in your area, by selecting Store Locator online and click rapid home delivery
- Shop your fave Superdrug products online as usual
- Select ‘Order & Collect in 30 mins’ as a delivery option at checkout. Delivery charges apply
- We will email you a link to instructions of how to simply book your Stuart courier as soon as your products are ready to collect!
Terms and Conditions apply
Looking after your wellbeing
Superdrug Store and Opening Times
In the current climate we do have some store closures but we are working hard to keep as many stores trading as possible, as a result our trading hours may need to be amended locally at short notice. Please call the store directly to confirm they are open.
To ensure there is enough time for deep cleaning, stocking shelves and for our colleagues to rest some of our stores are operating on different/reduced opening hours. Please check the latest opening hours for your local store using the store locator.
Visit our store locator to find your nearest store.Superdrug Stores with Pharmacies >
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers is our primary concern, so are introducing some key safety measures across all stores. To keep everyone as safe as possible we are:
Ensure enough time each day to deep clean, refill shelves and most importantly allowing our teams to rest.
Prioritising our online service to help reduce the store visits our customers need to make.
Converting a small number of our stores into warehouses to help fulfill high volume of online orders.
- Queue distancing with the recommended 2 metre distance between customers at till points, and pharmacy counters.
- Introduction of Perspex screens at tills and pharmacy counters to keep colleagues and customers a safe distance apart.
- Card only tills to reduce cash transactions but still allow those customers who are unable to pay with debit or credit card, to purchase essential items.
- Restricting the number of customers per store..
Product Availability and Restrictions
- We are working hard with our suppliers to keep essentials stocked up to the best of our ability, receiving deliveries almost daily.
- To ensure that as many of our customers as possible can keep their hands clean, we have limited the sale of hand sanitisers to 5 per customer.
Employee Safety in our Distribution Centres
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues in our Distribution Centres is also a primary concern, so we have introduced some key safety measures across them which include:
- COVID 19 Awareness training completed for all colleagues within the Distribution Centres
- Mental Health and Wellbeing is key and we have regular communication mediums in place to ensure regular communications take place. This is includes support mechanisms such as “Speak Up” confidential helpline for all colleagues to access.
- Visual updates / information and communications around the Distribution Centres
- Peer on peer observational behavioural audits on safe working practices taking place
- Regular Senior Management team walk rounds to monitor working practices and social distancing
- Hand sanitiser stations are located across our distribution centres at multiple locations
- Cleaning regime in place with frequent cleans taking place throughout the day across all shifts
- Break times and shift changes are staggered across the shifts to maintain social distancing
- Social distancing demarcation / markings / one way systems in place to help social distancing throughout the distribution centres
- Weekly deep cleans take place by an external contractor which includes all areas of the distribution centres
- Face coverings are supplied (optional to wear) to all colleagues
Further to the above, we announced a £40 million employee support package that will offer our colleagues reassurance and immediate financial relief at this unprecedented time. We will continue to monitor the situation, in line with government, PHE and NHS guidance around Covid-19
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow direction given by the government and will take whatever action is necessary to protect the health of our customers and our teams.
Providing you with Health services...
I’d like to thank our pharmacy teams who are working so hard on the frontline to ensure that as many customers as possible can still access prescriptions.
Contact Lenses Online
We are pleased to tell you that our contact lens service has resumed.
You can order the lenses your optician has fitted you with and have them delivered with click and collect or straight to your door.
- If you are due your contact lens check-up and are unable to make an appointment with your optician, we can support you with what to do to get your next supply of lenses. Email email@example.com
- As opticians begin to return to a new normal you can keep up to date with what to expect via our blog
Our Glasses Online service is currently dispatching orders on time.
You can order your prescription glasses and sunglasses online and have them delivered to your door.
Learn more about Covid-19 and what you need to know as an eyewear user here
Visit the Glasses Online service
We are delighted to be re-opening our health clinics again
The re-opening will be phased and there be regular reviews of our safety guidelines. For more information on the re-opening of clinics and guidelines to keep you and our team safe during your visit to the Health Clinic
- We are communicating daily with our healthcare teams on staying safe and well, protecting themselves and our customers. With contingency plans in place to ensure pharmacies remain open at this key time.
- Our clinics are fitted with hands free sinks and washing facilities.
Visit our Superdrug Stores and Pharmacy area for full list store with Pharmacies
Online Doctor Services
Online Doctor is running efficiently with click and collect available from pharmacy stores after four hours, express delivery to home within three days and standard delivery within six days.
- If you are having issues getting an appointment with a doctor, we have our own private Superdrug Online Doctor service, with click and collect options for any prescriptions
- If you are struggling to get out to collect prescriptions, we can deliver NHS prescriptions free to your door through our Superdrug Online NHS Prescription service.
Learn more about Corona Virus and frequently asked health questions here
Online NHS Prescriptions Services
With our Online Pharmacy, you can also order your NHS repeat prescriptions online with us and have them delivered to your door. All you need to do is register online and we will do the rest. Visit the Online NHS Prescriptions service.
Health & Beautycard Update
We want to ensure you that we are doing everything we can for the health and wellbeing of our customers, colleagues and communities. We wanted to help cross one thing off your list and let you know of some Health & Beautycard updates and changes to our policies.
Of course, if you have any questions about our policy changes please get in touch with our lovely customer service team.
1) What’s happening with my points?
Don’t worry, any points that are due to expire will be extended until the end of August 2020. You can check your points balance by logging in online or on the app.
2) Are you part of the My Reward Scheme? If not… why not?!
If you are already enjoying the added benefits of My Reward, you now have even longer to unlock your next reward (We have extended the time you have by 4 months!!)
3) Where have Treat Thursday’s gone?
So the good news is that we are still sending Treat Thursday’s... but they are a little different. We still want to get you the best offers but are focusing on how we can keep everyone safe and healthy during this time. So, keep your eyes peeled!
4) Are you still offering Standard Delivery?
You bet! This is still free for Health & Beautycard members when you spend £10 or more. We are doing our very best to get your online orders to you on time, but there may be some delay.
Beauty Studio Covid-19 Update
We have been working hard to ensure that your next visit to our Beauty Studio’s are as safe as possible. Following the Government guidelines, we have put in a number of safety processes in place to ensure you and our teams stay healthy and beautiful.
Your safety is our priority. We have rolled out a number of new COVID-19 safety measures for our staff and customers. Perspex screens are installed for added protection. We have enhanced our cleaning regime and sterilization will be done prior to any treatment. Some services are temporarily paused, ask our team members to learn more. Walk-ins are welcome, but when our team members are busy, please schedule a later appointment. We are respectfully asking customers not to wait in the Beauty Studio area and we are following the guidelines on social distancing
- Your safety is our priority. We have rolled out a number of new COVID-19 safety measures for our staff and customers
- Perspex screens are installed for added protection
- We have enhanced our cleaning regime and sterilization will be done prior any treatment
- Some services are temporarily paused. Ask our team members to learn more
- Walk-ins are welcome, but when our team members are busy, please schedule a later appointment
- We are respectfully asking customers not to wait in the Beauty Studio area
- We are following the Governments guidelines on social distancing